Create your own USB cable
3. Grab the wire and put a piece of electrical or kapton tape 1 inch (30mm) below where you will cut off the cable.
4. Grab the wire and remove the USB-C or micro-USB end using a wire cutter. Cut at the stem.
5. Cut off the nylon covering with a hot tweezer or cutters right above the tape.
6. Remove the thermoplastic sheath with cutters and your hand.
7. Remove the shield braid with a cutter.
8. Remove the foil covering with your hands.
9. Remove the Kevlar strands.
10. Cut the 4 wires to a length of 25mm
11. Get the connectors and crimps out of their package.
12. Slide the heat shrink into the wire.
13. Get the 4 wires ready according to their final location on the connector.
14. Strip the 4 wires to leave 2mm exposed.
15. Grab the Molex connector pins and crimp the 4 wires to the connector.
16. Inspect the results to make sure that all 4 wires are crimped correctly.
17. Plug in the 4 crimped wires into the Molex connector.
18. Inspect the results to make sure that it is assembled correctly.
19. Use a hot air dryer or heat gun to shrink the heat wrap.
20. Congratulations, your cable is finished!